Your privacy is important to us. At Jack’s we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is Jack’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating Jack’s websites, mobile apps, and other Jack’s online services, applications, or programs (collectively, “Jack’s Online Services”).
1. Information Collected. Jack’s Family Restaurants, LP (“Jack’s” or “we”) collects both personal and non-personal identifying information about you either directly from you or automatically when you use the Jack’s Online Services from a variety of sources.
For example, when you use the Jack’s website, Jack’s collects non-personal information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Jack’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Jack’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Jack’s may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Jack’s also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our website. Jack’s only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
2. Personal Information You Provide to Us. Certain users of Jack’s Online Services choose to interact with Jack’s in ways that require Jack’s or our third-party service providers to gather personal information provided by you or on your behalf. The amount and type of information that Jack’s gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for Delicious Deals to provide a name, email address, birthday, gender, and zip code. Those who engage in other promotional activities may be asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to complete those activities. In each case, Jack’s collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Jack’s. Jack’s does not disclose personal information other than as described below, and visitors can always refuse to supply personal information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Personal information provided by you may include you name, address, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth and age, demographic information, financial information, photos, and any other personal information you share with us.
3. Social Networking Sites. If you log into Jack’s Online Services through other third party services not operated by Jack’s, Users give Jack’s permission to access certain information about them from that social networking site, such as User ID’s, user profiles, friends lists, and profile pictures.
Jack’s Online Services may offer you the ability to share personal information through a social networking site using such site’s integrated tools (e.g., Facebook’s “Like” button, or Twitter’s “Tweet” button). The use of such integrated tools enables you to share personal information about yourself with other individuals or the public. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and use in connection with such social networking sites or a site’s integrated tools, please visit the privacy policies of said social networking sites.
4. Automatic Information Collection [and Tracking]. When you download, access, and use the Jack’s Online Services, they may use technology to automatically collect:
(a) Usage Details. When you access and use the Jack’s Online Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Jack’s Online Services, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Jack’s Online Services.
(b) Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
(c) Stored Information and Files. The Jack’s Online Services also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
(d) Location Information. The Jack’s Online Services collects real-time information about the location of your device using the location sharing settings on your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information, [do not use the Jack’s Online Services or delete them from your device.] [It may be possible to turn off the location sharing settings for the Jack’s Online Services on your mobile device. Note, however, that opting out of Jack’s Online Services collection of location information will cause its location-based features to be disabled.]
[It may also be possible to turn off the sharing of stored information and files. Still, note that opting out of sharing stored information and filed will cause certain features of Jack’s Online Services to be disabled.]
[We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here [INCLUDE AS LINK TO DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURES] for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this Jack’s Online Services and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.]
5. Aggregated Statistics. Jack’s may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Jack’s may monitor a popular campaign or gather other statistics to use for improving user experience. Jack’s may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Jack’s does not disclose personal information other than as described below.
6. Information Collection [and Tracking] Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
(b) Web Beacons. Portions of the Jack’s Online Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) embedded in images or pages in the Jack’s Online Services (“Web Beacons”) that permit Jack’s, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Jack’s Online Services statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Jack’s Online Services content and verifying system and server integrity). You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to collect information. Please refer to the “Help” menu of your internet browser to learn about Web Beacons and how to disable them.
(c) Web Server Logs. Web server logs are records of activity created by the computer that delivers the webpages the User requests to their browser. For example, a web server log may record an entered search term or a clicked link. The web server log also may record information about User browsers, such as IP addresses and the cookies set on the browser by the server.
(d) Other Technologies. We and our third party services providers may also utilize other tracking technologies, such as “referrers”, information the web browser passes to our or our third party service provider’s web servers which refers to the URL from which you accessed Jack’s Online Services. This information, collected by most websites, may include, among other things, the domain from which you access the Internet, type of web browser and operating system, time you accessed Jack’s Online Services, the Internet address you left to visit Jack’s Online Services, names of the web pages you visit, and the Internet address of the next website you visit.
7. Third-Party Information Collection.
When you use the Jack’s Online Services or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- advertisers, ad networks, and ad servers;
- analytics companies;
- your mobile device manufacturer;
- your mobile service provider;
- your App store and platform provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this Jack’s Online Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
8. How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, for various purposes, including, without limitation, to:
(a) provide you with the Jack’s Online Services and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
(b) fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
(d) carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
(e) notify you when Jack’s Online Services updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it;
(f) market to Jack’s consumers and allow us to refine our marketing to be more applicable to individual customers.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Jack’s Online Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and customize our Jack’s Online Services according to your individual interests, speed up your searches, and recognize you when you use the Jack’s Online Services. Jack’s does not sell, share, trade, or give away personal information. Personal information, however, may be shared for use in internal marketing research. Gathered information may be transferred to a new app platform without notice if the need arises.
9. Protection of Certain Personal Information. Jack’s discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Jack’s behalf or to provide services available at Jack’s Online Services, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Jack’s Online Services, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Jack’s will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personal information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Jack’s discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Jack’s believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Jack’s, third parties or the public at large. If you are a registered user on a Jack’s Online Service and have supplied your email address, Jack’s may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Jack’s and our products. We primarily use our various websites and social presences to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Jack’s takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personal information.
10. Your Choices. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain information and to opt-out of having your personal information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may:
- correct, update, and delete your online accounts;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications, such as email or text;
- request that we do not share your personal information with third parties for their marketing purposes;
- request access to your personal information;
- set your browser settings to refuse all or some browser cookies; or
- choose whether or not to allow the Jack’s Online Services to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location.
However, if you choose not to allow Jack’s to collect and us your personal information, not that some features or services may not be available to you.
[11. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information. You can review and change your personal information by logging into Jack’s Online Services and visiting your account profile page. You may also contact us by email to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.]
[If you delete your User Contributions from the Jack’s Online Services, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Jack’s Online Services users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Jack’s Online Services, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions of Use.]
12. Children’s Privacy. Jack’s Online Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13, If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
13. Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California consumer, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information, including:
- The right to request that we disclose to you: the specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected;
- the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the California Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling California Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information; and
- The right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you, which we have collected from you.
You may request to exercise these rights by calling us toll-free at [Phone Number] or by email at email@example.com.
14. Business Transfers. If Jack’s, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Jack’s goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Jack’s may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.