Job Description: Assistant Manager
When you join Jack’s, you are part of the family. It’s not just something we say, family is who we are.
We accomplish our mission of being the most loved QSR brand in the South because of our people and our values.
We are always looking for people who believe in being the fabric and future of our communities.
If you are looking for a place that values your desire to learn, grow, succeed, and teammates who value you as a person, then Jack’s is for you.
We invest in our people with growth opportunities, family culture, career development, offer competitive health benefits, financial security with weekly pay and 401k match along with other perks.
We want everyone who joins our team to reach their full potential.
Job Summary: The Assistant Manager is responsible for: the hands-on day to day activities and operations of the restaurant, assist in guiding the team to create a positive guest experience, assist with staffing, training and development of the team, ensure the successful implementation of Jack’s initiatives and programs, assist in achieving or exceeding all established financial sales and profitability plan, people metrics, all banking, and administrative responsibilities.
- Assists General Manager (GM) in ensuring and leading all employees provide outstanding service, satisfied guests
- Assist in hiring, training and development and coaching the team
- Understands, enforces and adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Assists in maintaining all company operations standards and compliance
- Set and meet restaurant goals for service, operations and financial results
- Utilize operations systems to run a great restaurant every shift, every day
- Delivers consistent, high quality products daily, every shift
- Implement restaurant controls, especially cash & inventory
- Assists GM in maintaining appropriate staffing and may assist with weekly schedules
- Assists in administering all paperwork in a timely manner
- Assists in analyzing profit and loss statements and in meeting established sales plan for unit
- Maintains and records accurate inventory
- Ensures that federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances are practiced and enforced
- Maintains a clean facility at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Qualifications/Functional Skills:
- Must be able to work a minimum of 50 – 55 hours per week. Must be available to work a flexible shift including weekends.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels, both internally and externally
- Skilled in developing employees by coaching, counseling, and building strong work habits
- Knowledge of recruiting and interviewing potential team members
- Continuously working to improve customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of all restaurant policies, practices and operational and human resources procedures
- Knowledge of profit and loss statements
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of valid insurance and reliable transportation
- Ability to implement policies and procedures
- Ability to supervise others
- Manage conflict resolution
- Create and maintain a positive work environment
- Successfully complete all training and make a passing score on all applicable test
Education, Experience, and Certifications
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Must have (1) year of supervisory experience working in the restaurant industry; Quick Service Restaurant Preferred